We are gathering outside once again. Here is a copy of our COVID-19 facility policy.
- Members/guests who are sick or who have had close contact with a person with COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- Prior to attending, you are asked to self-check. Take your temperature and be alert for COVID-19 symptoms. Some symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat including other flu symptoms. If you have any symptoms, stay home and call your physician! Remember: Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- We encourage anyone at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 to limit their exposure risk by prayerfully considering staying home. This includes adults over 65 and people of all ages who have underlying medical conditions.
- Remote participation of services is available and can be found at: hbcunioncity.com/virtual-gatherings. (Sunday Morning Bible Study on Zoom and Sunday Livestream Worship Service on YouTube.)
- There are adequate supplies available to support healthy hygiene behavior, including soap, no touch hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol, tissues, and no-touch trash cans.
- Members/guests are asked to use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol upon entering buildings.
- Members/guests are encouraged to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in a no-touch trash can. Immediately wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Members/guests are encouraged to maintain good hand hygiene, washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Members/guests are required to use face coverings while in services and also during singing. The face coverings must cover both the mouth and nose.
- Members/guests are encouraged to bring a personal cloth/paper face covering from home. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided.
- Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old
- Cloth face masks are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms.
- Take steps to ensure you remain at least 6 feet apart as much as possible.
- Please do not shake hands, hug, or touch anyone outside of your household.
- Children are not allowed to physically interact with other children.
- Physical guides such as signs on walls will be posted to help ensure requirements. (e.g. at least 6 feet apart, high risks, washing hands, etc.)
Preschool/Extended Session/Children’s Bible Study
- Preschool and Extended Session are not available currently.
- Children’s Bible Study class will be available through Zoom.
- Children are always required to sit/stand with parents during worship service and remain supervised with parent.
Minimize Community Sharing
- No frequently touched objects, such as hymnals, religious texts, bibles, bulletins, or other items will be passed out or shared. We encourage Members/guests to bring their own such items, if possible. Announcements, bible readings and song texts will be available using electronic means.
- Offerings will not be collected by passing a plate. There are available methods to give financial contributions. Ushers will stand and have a collection tray available during worship. Additionally online giving can be found at hbcunioncity.churchcenter.com/giving.
- We will use recommended methods of ventilation to increase the circulation of outdoor air as much as possible. Such as opening doors, using fans, etc. All air filters have been upgraded to the highest filtration possible.
- Doors will remain open for no-contact and circulation.